Latest Online Training
Cyber Trauma Courses for Parents and Professionals
What is a cybertrauma course and who is it for?
Simply put this is a course about the issues, perils and pitfalls children and young people face in the online world, whether that be consoles, computers or smartphones.
What you can expect to learn on this course:
- WHAT DOES CYBER MEAN ANYWAY?
- What “
cybertrauma” is? (definitions and explanations).
- Real life issues and trauma versus Cybertrauma (What happens when a person is “traumatised”).
- What “attachment theory” is, why do you need to know this and why this is important to know when using devices.
- Why attachment theory is different
tobeing attached (like glue) to a device and why addiction is not necessarily the correct diagnosis for your child’s device use
- Introduction to the Polyvagal communication system (How and why we communicate in cyberspace in the way we do).
- Terminology & behaviours in the online world.
- Ethics and the law.
- How to’s and advice about dealing with the events and incidents.
For Practitioners: Psychopathology of internet behaviours, Case studies, Ethical dilemmas and how this affects your practice:
For example: What do you do if a child has Tinder on their smartphone?/What if a client asks to record you in session?/What about Photos of work with a client?- Ethical guidelines, best practice and advice.
E-safety leaflets will be provided and a handy guide to take home with you.
Want to find out more about my Training Courses
Associations and Affiliations
May 1, 2018 For counsellors who use directories. Did you know..? In light of the information shared with me from the biggest directory of counsellors when I have asked why their system of sending client contact information is not secure, hackable and...
February 7, 2018 Dear client, does your therapist discuss you on social media? Catherine Knibbs Dear potential client, or perhaps one already in a therapy chair/room. I wanted to speak out on your behalf, rather than write an article that would...
There’s nothing wrong with the Internet. I say “There’s something awry about society”.. YouTube Only? Suicide forest, live streaming and weird NSFW videos.
January 4, 2018 There’s nothing wrong with the Internet. I say “There’s something awry about society”.. YouTube Only? Suicide forest, live streaming and weird NSFW videos. Catherine Knibbs YouTube Only? Suicide forest, live streaming and weird NSFW...